Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My baby is waiting...

Remember yesterday's post about blogging and I being sometimes friends? Today we are friends.


Adoption is something that is huge in my heart. The joke in our families is that Dave and I will have a 'colourful brood' of children. I take personally the verse that says "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." (James 1:27) To my knowledge, noone in my family has been adopted, or has adopted a child. However, I still understand what it feels like to be adopted. While I am fortunate enough to still have both my parents, I have a a Godly father that has adopted me, no questions asked.


Social media and I have a troubled relationship. We are also sometimes friends, but more in the sense that we tolerate eachother. Today, we have been brought a little bit closer.


I happened to stumble across an organization called 147 Million Orphans. Because adoption is so deep in my heart, I felt called to check it out.


Here's a link to a couple videos: One by Third Day and the other about the organization.



I've spoken before about my feelings of longing for a child of my own- even if they really are only on loan from God. I'm not entirely sure why God has rooted adoption so deeply in my heart, but perhaps it has something to do with a beautiful little girl I babysat who was orginally from Haiti.


I don't know what God has planned, but I know whatever it is He'll make it happen. I tend to worry about money and timing and location, ect. etc. ect. I just have to keep trusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment