Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day Six of Life Without Dave


Everytime I meet with someone I know, they ask about Dave and I. It's weird, I tell them. The first night I woke three times and had a hard time figuring out where I was. Apparently there's a big difference between the side of the bed and the middle. What else am I supposed to tell them? I've been watching mostly Disney movies because I don't want to see happy romantic couples because it makes me miss my husband? Or that the dishes have dwindled to less than half their size? For his program he MUST go on placement during his breaks between semsters. Kind of like being in a co-op program. Unfortunately, it just so happens he's good enough to win out over his classmates and get a great placement in another town. And maybe that's another reason I'm pursuing a flexible career- one that could take me anywhere.

On a better note, the King of Rock and Roll has taken up space in my home since Dave left. The dark-haired crooner seems to have filled some of the empty space, but nothing can compare to having my real-live husband around. But it makes me realize a few things about myself.
1. I do not hate rock and roll. James Durbin was starting to make me question. It's just the off-key screaming and swagger I don't like.
2. I really really love the 50's. The music, the drunk-uncle dancing, the skirts, the way everything seemed just a little easier, the way going out for ice cream or shakes was still cool, and the way young people were going to take over the world.
3. I adore my husband. And it's listening to his breathing (snoring, no) that I miss at night, that's made me unable to sleep for the past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment